Wednesday

How to improve relaxation with fascinating, unique sounds

Improve relaxation, and sleep, with fascinating unique sounds found by Michelle http://skincaresolutions.tuscanyskinspa.info
Want Better Sleep and Relaxation? Try this. 


What sounds do you find soothing? What sounds help you sleep? 


Those questions are the focus of ASMR.  Are you familiar with ASMR? I wasn't either until I watched this video by Duff the Psych. It explains it beautifully. And peaked my curiosity. Watch it. Then we can try out our first ASMR video together.



What gives YOU the shivers? 


It is a fascinating idea: specific sounds give us the sensation of tingles or shivers. This feeds into our senses and we think of touch and moments of care. I am intrigued by the idea. Not so sure it would help me sleep but I am open to find out.

The first video is a collection of finger taps and brushing. You can choose to watch  while you listen. Or look away and just focus on the sound. Your choice.




Aren't the giant white ears hilarious?

Listening to this I feel my skin tingle all the way down my back. My neck and shoulders scrunch up. My head automatically tries to shake off the shiver. Interesting.

It is also different to hear someone ELSE put the gloves on. I am usually the glove wearer. For my clients they associate that sound with blackhead extractions. *dun-dun-DUNNNN* 

Will have to try it before I go to sleep and see if it helps. What did you think of this video? What were your responses?

FYI: If you weren't wearing earbuds or headphones, put them on and listen again. How is your experience different? Did you like it better with earbuds?

I am going to sleep on this tonight and let you know if I found it helpful. You do the same. And lets compare notes.

There are several types of ASMR videos. I'll gather up a few for us. Let's try them all. Then we can pick our favorites.

What did you think? How did it make you feel? Better with or without the earbuds? Ready to try a few more?


Have a wonderful week.
Michelle G. Lathe, L.E. (*shivering in my chair)

No comments:

Post a Comment