Friday

Re-examining an old blog

I've been on a break from this blog. Every since I changed my spa booking database and changed my website that now includes it's own blog.

Since then this blog has sat quietly, waiting for me to revisit it. And here I am.

I've been wondering what to with this blog. I've proud of the work I put into it. Watching it become a more consistent work. But I don't need to use this as a business blog - since I have one connected to the biz site at www.tuscanyskinspa.com.  Wondering what to do with this one.

I've decided it's a great place to test out my ideas. Share ideas that aren't fully formed. Test out new styles. Or more importantly, a place to challenge myself to write daily. And to put it out in the universe.

What's going on today?

My staff and clients are still giving my side-eye glances when asking about my Christmas decorations. In the middle of a hot July day. It amuses me that we're celebrating Christmas in July just like our Australia friends. We've certainly gotten attention. But it makes me chuckle. And I'm not taking it down until the 30th.

So while I'm on vacation next week my spa team has to field the questions "why is your spa decorated for Christmas?" and "did you forget to take your decorations down?"

I'm off to my annual Comic Con San Diego trip with my hubby. Have been looking at the schedule of panels. Marking my choices. Fighting with the comic-con app...again. And writing up our shopping list.

We've learned from previous cons that a meal made up of water, beef jerky, cheese sticks and goldfish crackers is equivalent to injesting a cork. And it took another week to sort the body out.

Now we bring sliced apples, carrots, instant oatmeal (for early morning or late evening hunger pangs) and peanut butter sandwiches. A better balance when combined with the above "cork diet".

Haven't yet gone through my clothing. But Monday is set aside for that. And getting a body dip waxing  - full leg, high bikini and underarm, to be summer time smooth.

This year also going in for a lash lift and tint. The lift gives the lashes a longer, more dramatic look. The tint means I don't need mascara to make the eyes stand out. And as I've gotten older I'm finding *gasp* white lashes.

Already have by new running shoes - purchased and broken in. Nope, not running anywhere. I have no need to run. I have no natural predators. But running shoes are the right foot gear when you may do 20,000 steps in one day. (My feet were bruised the year I did THAT much walking. Going to plan better this year.)

This was a ramble. True. But I've gotta start somewhere. So I'm starting my old biz blog with my plans for vacation.


I see my client down the street. Gotta run and get back to work. Good thing I love my job. Makes the day go by faster. Have a lovely week.

Michelle of Tuscany Spa
Cheers 

No comments:

Post a Comment