Thursday

Joy and struggles after 10 years of spa bliss

10yrspa, spa, anniversary, 10 years, fundraiser, ronald mcdonald house, charity, cancer, kids, music, prizes, montrose, tuscanyskinspa
Flyer Tuscany Spa #10YrSpa event


ONLY 3 MORE DAYS UNTIL THE FESTIVITIES


Today, we were doing our last minute planning for this Saturdays 10 year anniversary party and fundraiser for our local chapter of Ronald McDonald House Charities. At first I couldn't believe that much time had passed.

My sister and I went over the time line and realized she was not yet pregnant with my delightful 8 year old nephew when she helped set up our Grand Opening. We checked our grand opening invitation and sure enough we had our grand opening on Oct 8th 2005.


WE'VE BEEN IN MONTROSE FOR 10 YEARS!

spa, skin, massage, montrose, la crescenta, grand opening, party, invitation, fundraiser, prizes, giveaways
Invitation To Tuscany Spa Grand Opening and fundraiser on Oct 8th 2005

OUR GRAND OPENING


During our grand opening we honored my sisters first born son Benjamin, 1 1/2 years, born with Downs Syndrome and taken from us by Leukemia 16 years ago.  Mom calls him her angel. Next time you are at Tuscany Spa look for her sweet Angel-Boy statue that is a loving reminder of our Ben. This year we are raising money for our local chapter of Ronald McDonald House charities that helps the families of kids with cancer.

blond, nephews, goofy, fun, day, aunt, family, laughter
Goofy nephews and favorite aunti M

OUR TRIO OF BLESSINGS

A lot has happened during this decade. My sister blessed me with my nephews Roan, age 8 and Eamon, 5,  and our newest addition, my niece Avarie, 1 month. Mom and Dad enjoy being grandparents again but the tow-headed balls of energy they call grandsons can wipe them out faster than the busiest day at our family Spa.  I look forward to their granddaughter wrapping them around her little finger.

kitten, rescue, cat, feral, bottle fed, fur baby
itty bitty stripey kitty

NOPE, NOT THE CRAZY CAT LADY


My furbabies (ie: cats who think they rule the world) that helped me through many of my life changes, Merlin, 17  and Ashley, 18, went over the rainbow bridge to munch on cat-grass in kitty heaven.
My now not-so-ittybitty Stripey kitty has grown from that one-day-old facebook sensation to a bossy 6 year old senior. If you follow me on Instgram you've seen my newest furbaby Po, age 2 months, white with a black heart and a ghost cat "painted" on his sides.

My friends say the only thing that saves me from being the crazy cat lady is that I  finally married my wonderful guy Rodney.  This year we are celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary November 3rd.


`WEDDING DAY: HORROR STORY VS FUNNY TALL TALE

wedding day, 50's dress, bowling shirt, st lukes, episcopalian, la crescenta,
Our wedding day 11/03/12

A lesson I learned from my "big day" is that the HORRIBLE thing that happens during your wedding will become the interesting story or tall tale you share and laugh over for years to come. 

Ask me about my wedding dress fiasco... that happened just 2 weeks before my wedding day. My wedding day pic the story's happy ending.

New Brides - don't stress. As long as you marry the one you love there is nothing else that matters. When something goes hideously wrong remember THIS will by YOUR funny story. (A tall tale is an exagerated story like the "Babe the Blue Ox" or "big fish-one that got away tale.)

STARTING SOMETHING NEW

10 years ago moving from a small skincare salon into this beautiful spa was an incredible change with its own growing pains. We added new services including: Zone Massage Program, Radiant Heat Sauna, Retinoic Complex Peel and BellaNina Facelift massage.

We focus on result oriented skin and body care, leaving out the "hot", gimmicky and unproven treatments until we are satisfied they can be more than fluff and marketing.

ORGANIC, NATURAL SPA SERVICES

spa, facial, natural, peel, cleansing, skin, acne, antiage, relaxing
Facials at Tuscany Spa

One of the things we have done is to not jump on the natural or organic bandwagon. In the American skincare industry there is no consistent labeling for organic or natural products, it is entirely up to the manufacturer to define those words however they choose. So we cant offer Organic or Natural services because:

1. there are no clear guidelines what "organic" or "natural" should or would be within a results-oriented spa environment.

2. Most importantly,  haven't proven to create the real results we are looking to effect.


We do offer two effective services that can be considered natural or organic - 


  •  Rejuvenating Enzyme Facials
The Rejuvenating Enzyme facial actually includes 7 different facial using botanically sourced ingredients. Two holiday favorites are:  Rejuvenating Pumpkin Brightening Facial and Rejuvenating Cranberry Calming Facial.

  • Aromatherapy Body Massage. 
The Aromatherapy Body Massage incorporates botanically sourced essential oils in a natural shea butter based massage creme . We currently offer 4 aromatherapy combinations. We add new ones based on seasons and client feedback.


Did you notice how I listed it as botanically sourced? Meaning the ingredieants come from botanical or plant ingredients. An interesting thing about "ORGANIC", that I mentioned in a previous post, is that as long as your product contains a CARBON molecule you can legally call it organic. Check out my series on this very question " Chemicals: Friend or Foe."

chemicals, toxic, natural, organic, synthetic, ingredients
Chemical Friend or Foe Blog Image

FASCINATING NEW ADDITION

One big addition to our spa and my skincare practice is this blog. I started it in earnest last year, writing weekly blogs on questions asked in the past, information we freely share in person as well as the latest knowledge in wellness, skin and body care.

The writing style and "voice" has developed from my early posts to my most recent.  I would love to know what differences you notice and any suggestions you have.

SHARING SOCIAL MEDIA INSIGHTS

Along with blogging has been my growning interest in Social media marketing. I took mom last year to Social Media Marketing classes offered by Bob Cohen at Glendale Community College. I recommend Bob's classes, they are a great place to start. This topic fascinates me. I've been sharing this new found knowlege with my fitness coach Shel who encouraged me to start a new blog series to help other business women over 40 learn how to navigate social media  Shel wants it to have a sexy name. My client Helen suggested a sassy name so: SASSY SOCIAL MEDIA for 40+ is in the works. I will keep you posted.

grandmother, armenian, birthday, 95, senior, aging, party, spa goer
Memama's 95th birthday

HELP MAKE GRANDMA QUEEN FOR A DAY


Saturday we celebrate the past 10 years and are looking forward to the next decade.

10yrspa, photography, photos, monica, linda, tuscany, skin, spa
Monica Linda
Photographer 
Mom keeps threating to retire but since her mom, my grandmother, is still puttering along at 95 years old, I expect Hermina to keep on ticking along too.

Memama (my childhood word for grandma) is hoping to feel well enough to attend our 10 Year Anniversary and Fundraiser.

If you see my Armenian Grandmother and the photographer Monica Linda near each other, ask Monica to get your photo taken with Memema. My Armenian speaking Memama would get a kick out of being treating like a celebrity or a queen for a day.

Update: at our Oct 17th Event one of the big winners of $250 gift card from Plastic Surgeon Dr. A John Vartanian was my very own grandmother pictured above. Memama was captured smiling and tickled pink after getting her prize. I look forward to adding the photo Monica captured. 

JOIN US SATURDAY OCT 17TH, 3PM TO 5PM AT TUSCANY SPA



makeup, prize, bareminerals, giveaway, bareescentuals, fundraiser, spa, skin, tuscanyskinspa
17 piece bareMinerals

I look forward to seeing each of you on Saturday. We have a dozen gift baskets and gift certificates you can win, from several of the local business, including refreshements from Gio's Bakery, Sangria (the latest addition), French Coffee and English digestive biscuits. WiFi will be free so you can take pics and upload your #10YrSpa experience on Instagram and all your favorite Social Media.

If you cant make it in person please check us out on Google Hangouts, I will show parts of the event for all of you out-of-towners. Check in, say "Hi" and share it with friends.You can send in a donation, sign up for our newly launched $99/month membership program or buy your Pelasante products online.

All the donations and a portion of the proceeds for the day go to  help with the Pasadena Ronald McDonald House Charity and the wonderful work they do helping families with kids that have cancer.

Thank you for supporting Tuscany Spa Skin & Body Clinic and myself these past 10 years. Here is to another decade of spa bliss. Have a beautiful day.

Michelle G. Lathe
10yrspa, spa, anniversary, 10 years, fundraiser, ronald mcdonald house, charity, cancer, kids, music, prizes, montrose, tuscanyskinspa
Flyer Tuscany Spa #10YrSpa event

No comments:

Post a Comment