Tuesday

NEWS FLASH: Coffee addicts enabled at Tuscany Spa

Run for your lives, I've got NaBloPoMo...AGAIN


Started NaBloPoMo again. No, it's not a disease. Though I might be accused of insanity. It is a November daily writing challenge "National Blog Post Month" by BlogHer.com. 



NaNoBloMo, Blogher, November writing prompts, Morning routine

Some of you may remember I tried this last year. It was interesting. Encouraged me to expand and share personal opinions. It didn't cause the blog, or spa, to implode. So I am up to my old tricks. 


BlogHer offers daily prompts to encourage daily - weekday - writing. It started Nov 1st and I signed up on the 5th. Anyone else notice I am already behind. Sheesh. But I still have time to catch up. 


What's the best part of waking up for you?


This Mondays prompt was " What's the 1st thing I do every single day - after hitting the snooze button?" I would love to say something earthy (meditate?). Or strong (exercise?), skincare savvy (put on a mask), loving (kiss my husband, snuggle with my kitties). 

First thing I do? I grab my coffee. Ahhh, sweet elixir of life. I was nearly an adult when I started on coffee. And I think of it as a treat and necessity.  


Father dupes his kid. Unrepentant when deception discovered.


As a kid I feared coffee would stunt my growth (thanks for THAT fib Dad). Since NOT drinking coffee kept me at a meager 5 foot and nearly 4 inches tall, I joined the coffee fan club.


Mother tries to instill a cleansing morning routine. 


Mom insisted I wash my face, 1st thing, before I ate my breakfast. (She refused to make breakfast or feed me if I didn't comply). I remember it as a spiritual or religious requirement, not sure why. But Mom instilled in us this vitally important routine.


Kid choses to be a rebel against both Dad and Mom


Am I being a rebel by skipping my face and jumping into my morning brew? Not sure. But I don't feel awake til I have my tall, dark, strong cup of Joe. 


Kid becomes unrepentant Coffee Addict


Even as I write about coffee, I am craving one right now. But a few years after college my body clearly told me NO NIGHT COFFEE! Two is the magic number now. Coffee til 2, decaf til bed. 


Coffee Addicts Unite at Tuscany Spa


Thankfully I am not the only coffee addict at Tuscany Spa. Alison insists on French Roast (Ok by me), Erin wants regular milk (Got my own vanilla non-fat half-and-half in the fridge) and Mom adds artificial sweetner (straight sugar or nothing for moi). 


Coffee Addicts Welcomed at local Spa


If you come by one morning and smell the coffee brewing, feel free to ask for a cup. We are more than happy to enable and encourage our fellow coffee addicts. 

So what is your morning routine? How do you start your day? 

Michelle G. Lathe

PS: Wellness Wednesday starts tomorrow. I would love your feedback. Any ideas, questions or suggestions for the series? And to all my Hindu, Sikh and Jain readers - I wish tomorrow is the start of a Happy and Prosperous Diwali and New Year.
diwali, festival of lights, greetings, coffee talk,

No comments:

Post a Comment