Monday

How to NOT hurt your skin after awesome facials

Next weeks post is about one of my favorite services - our Microdermabrasion Facial treatment. There is so much to love about: Immediate Results; No Downtime; Can go right back to your life and work; And 1st step in an anti-aging arsenal. 

But as I was writing about the joys of Microderm I remembered one HORROR that I experienced: my run-in with "Senseless Susie." This is my cautionary tale of  how NOT to be a "Senseless Susie" and destroy your skin.

Perhaps it was my mistake all along. Read the tale and make up your own mind as to who REALLY made the error.


How NOT to be a 

"Senseless Susie" trying to destroy her skin



After completing a Microdermabrasion treatment on Susie (names have been changed to protect the clueless) I told her to use a mild gentle cleanser. And explained how to treat her skin for the next week.

"Susie, For the next 3 to 5 days, when you are thinking 
"Can I put this on my skin?" 
I suggest you follow that thought with:
"If I had a sunburn, would I put this on?" 
If the answer is "NO!" then don't use it."

Simple explanation. Right?

I assume this is straightforward. I know you get it! Sadly, Senseless Susie didn't have a clue.

Senseless Susie just didnt understand how to treat her skin "as if she had a sunburn". Skincaresolutions.TuscanySkinSpa.info
How NOT to be a "Senseless Susie" and Destroy Your Skin

STUPID IS AS STUPID SCRUBS.


Susie called the next day complaining of "Tender skin".  We figured out she was fine, until that morning after she washed her face. And she washed with ....  A FACE SCRUB. 

I explained we had already gone "above and beyond a scrub" so she needs to STOP using SCRUBS  and go with a MILD CLEANSER. She claimed she had one. (operative word is: claimed)

When FREE is still not good enough


When she called back her face was worse. And again, it was after she washed her face. Her mild cleanser should have been fine, unless.... she was using an Anti-aging cleanser with exfoliating AHA, alpha hydroxy acid. (*Face palm.)
"No!" I insisted, "It must NOT be any type of exfoliation."
I begged her to stop by and I would GIVE HER a mild cleanser... for FREE!
"No, no. I got it" she dismissed my concern. (Who else thinks of the cliche "famous last words)

The Final Call


Susie's final phone call was to complain that it was "ALL MY FAULT" her skin was RAW. When I asked about her new GENTLE, MILD cleanser she said
"Its a gentle cleanser... for ACNE SKIN."
An important note: Acne cleansers usually contain a well know exfoliator - Salicylic Acid.

How to NOT hurt your skin after awesome Microdermabrasion facials. SkinCareSolutions.TuscanySkinSpa.Info
Don't be a senseless Susie - Listen and Follow your Estheticians recommendations

Senseless Susie Assaults her skin; day after day after day after ...


Basically Susie went home. And for FOUR DAYS kept scrubbing and exfoliating her skin until her skin revolted and abandoned her! Then she went to her doctor.

Of course she blamed her skin problems on my treatment. Because I doubt she told her doc what a dumba... er... dinglebat she had been. And that she was seriously TRYING TO REMOVE HER OWN SKIN. (She nearly managed it too.)


Cast your Vote: My mistake or Susie's?


My error was not realizing Senseless Susie-scrub-yourself-silly would actually assault her face after a Sunburn. Well, silly me. Most people try to be kind to themselves.

Note: Our 4 Element Microdermabrasion Facial Treatment is both safe and effective. Don't let Senseless Susie put you off an incredible anti-aging spa treatment. She was a doofus. 

Check back next week for the answer to: Is Microdermabrasion Facial RIGHT FOR YOU? 
Plus get tips on the RIGHT way to take care of your skin. (Hint: It does NOT include any scrubbing, rubbing or continous exfoliation.)


So you be the judge


Was Senseless Susie right? Was this MY mistake? 

And would you understand the recommendation "Treat your skin as if you had a sunburn?" Can you suggest a different way to explain "be gentle with your skin"?

Cast your Vote, and suggestions,  in the comments. 


Michelle G. Lathe, L.E. 

To learn more about our spa, check out our services and staff and to schedule your appointment, visit our website at www.tuscanyskinspa.com

No comments:

Post a Comment